Promoting Engineers Without Borders USA can be as simple as wearing your EWB-USA t-shirt or as elaborate as running a marketing campaign. By increasing awareness of EWB-USA, you’re strengthening our ability to make a difference in communities around the world.
Your chapter must follow EWB-USA’s Brand Guidelines in all print and digital communications. EWB-USA’s brand is strongest when it is unified among chapters and headquarters. Consistent branding provides a level of confidence in the minds of our supporters and the general public that reinforces the legitimacy and impact of the organization. Remember: We are stronger together!
Chapter names & logos: Each chapter has an official chapter name and logo provided by EWB-USA HQ. Downloadable versions of your official chapter logos can be found here. Remember: You are not allowed to modify your chapter logo, outside of what is explicitly stated in EWB-USA’s Brand Guidelines. University or city-specific colors or graphics are prohibited.
Materials & Templates:
- EWB-USA General Presentation
- EWB-USA Chapter Logos
- Business Cards
- EWB-USA Informational Brochure
- Basic Letterhead
- Thank You Card Template (8.25” X 5.5” card, fits 5.75” X 4.375” A2 envelope)
- EWB-USA Animated Explainer Video:
Promoting Your Chapter’s Work
Marketing will help ensure your chapter’s projects and events get the attention and support they deserve. The following ideas can help you create a successful marketing strategy:
- Keep your chapter’s website up-to-date with project and membership information
- Contribute stories and photos to EWB-USA HQ (contact email@example.com)
- Start a Facebook and Twitter account for your chapter
- Create flyers for your university commons or workspace
- Reach out to local media outlets with newsworthy stories
- Create and share a three-minute video about your project(s)
Local inquiries: Student newspapers and local media outlets can bring beneficial, localized attention to your chapter. Appoint one person from your chapter to coordinate all interviews and general inquiries.
Regional or national inquiries: If a regional or national media outlet reaches out to your chapter, please re-direct them to EWB-USA HQ’s communications team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-204-3208.
Media crisis: In the unlikely event that a sensitive situation attracts media attention, it’s important to be honest and forthcoming with reporters, while still respecting the privacy of all parties involved. If one of these situations arises, immediately contact EWB-USA HQ at email@example.com or 720-204-3208.