Project Grants Program
The fall grant application is now open! Submissions will be accepted through September 17, 2015 at midnight PST.
Please read this entire section before beginning an application.
General Program Information
- The Project Grants Program is need-based, and this grant cycle is intended to support projects that need funding support at this time or in the near future. This grant application should be written for your next upcoming trip that needs funding support.
- The time frame for spending this grant award is 18 months. No extensions to this time frame or to report deadlines will be given. A fall 2015 project grant award must be spent in its entirety by April 27, 2017. Grant recipients must submit an interim grant report by October 27, 2016 and a final grant report by April 27, 2017.
- EWB-USA’s Grants Policy does not allow funding to be applied retroactively. Only travel and expenses occuring between October 27, 2015 – April 27, 2017 are eligible for funding through these grant awards.
- Only projects approved by September 17, 2015 are eligible for funding in this grant cycle. If this grant application is for the first project within a program, the 502 must be approved. For all subsequent projects within a program, the 501B must be approved.
- The average grant awarded through the Project Grants Program is $5,000. The range of grants awarded typically falls between $2,000-$10,000, depending on donor preferences.
- At this time, the Project Grants Program only offers funding support for EWB-USA’s international projects. This may change in the future as our CEC initiative develops further and our chapters get involved in more domestic projects.
- Many of our chapters work collaboratively on projects. Only the primary chapter that has officially adopted a program can apply for Project Grants Program funding for projects within that program. The primary chapter operating a program also determines funding eligibility, so a program operated by a professional chapter and implemented in conjunction with a student chapter is not eligible for student-only funding.
- Decisions on grant awards are final. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
- Grant awards will be announced October 27, 2015.
Grant Management System provided by WizeHive